From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stupid USE defaults that need cleaning
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:33:24
1 Dale wrote:
2 > I'm not a dev but I can see both sides. I learned why some things are
3 > being pulled in that I couldn't figure out. I use KDE but do not want
4 > Gnome and it appears that I have some gnome stuff installed and didn't
5 > know it, because of the USE line. I guess they are in there because of
6 > people that are still noobies and don't know any better, like me maybe.
7 >
8 > Maybe there needs to be more info about what is in the defaults so
9 > people will know. I see now that I need to put -gnome in mine. I have
10 > a lot of gnome stuff installed and had no clue I needed -gnome until I
11 > read this.
12
13 Why don't you read the documentation [1] then?
14
15 [1]
16 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=2#doc_chap2
17
18 WKR,
19 -jkt
22 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth