From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 09:08:56
1 On Jan 6, 2008 1:33 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 09:03:43 -0500 (EST)
4 > "Caleb Tennis" <caleb@g.o> wrote:
5 > > > If anyone has any examples of where they really are being held back
6 > > > and where they really have given the arch teams plenty of time to do
7 > > > something, I'd like to see them... Somehow I doubt it happens very
8 > > > often, if at all.
9 > >
10 > > Why? You aren't the person I or anyone else has to make a case to.
11 > > In fact, I never would have mailed the list about this to prevent
12 > > this very type of potentially-out-of-control discussion from
13 > > occurring, except that the e-mail from Mike said that discussion
14 > > topics needed to be sent to the list.
15 >
16 > Ah, so you'd like the Council to jump to some arbitrary decision,
17 > rather than hearing specific examples and evidence from all involved?
18
19 No. What he meant and doesn't dare to say is you didn't ask, but
20 demanded, in your usual dry and pesky "I'm a spoiled 6-year old" tone.
21 And this as usual results in people ignoring you. People aren't as
22 stupid as you think they are, and they don't want to play this game
23 with you anymore. So don't build a case on the fact that you're not
24 getting answers.
25
26 Someday you'll understand this.
27
28 Oh, and council members too aren't as stupid as you think they are. If
29 they decide to discuss this, one of their first steps will surely be
30 to try and evaluate what the current situation is. If I were a council
31 member I'd probably feel offended by such condescension from your
32 part.
33
34 Denis.
35 --