From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Its time to mask sys-libs/uclibc
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:26:07
1 On 2/23/18 11:22 AM, Matthias Maier wrote:
2 >
3 > On Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 10:01 CST, "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> [...]
6 >
7 >> I'm not even sure a news item is needed here. What do people think? If
8 >> you think so, who do I even direct it at?
9 >
10 > If there is no action needed on user side and an upgrade and migration
11 > from uclibc to uclibc-ng happens automatically, I'd say no news item is
12 > necessary.
13 >
14 > Further, seeing "uclibc-ng" being emerged and "uclibc" unmerged should
15 > be pretty self explanatory.
16 >
17 > Best,
18 > Matthias
21 I already sent a news item for migrating uclibc -> uclibc-ng some years
22 ago. After 6 years, anyone still on uclibc has a seriously broken
23 system. I doubt migration is even possible at this point.
26 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
27 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
28 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
29 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
30 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA