From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Requiring gentoo.git committers to use their @gentoo.org address
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 11:42:29
1 On July 9, 2018 4:40:22 AM EDT, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >Hi,
3 >
4 >We currently don't enforce any particular standard for e-mail addresses
5 >for developers committing to gentoo.git. FWICS, the majority of
6 >developers is using their @gentoo.org e-mail addresses. However, a few
7 >developers are using some other addresses.
8 >
9 >Using non-@g.o e-mail addresses generally causes problems
10 >in accounting for commits. For example, our retirement scripts can't
11 >detect commits made using non-Gentoo e-mail address. My dev-timeline
12 >scripts [1] account for all emails in LDAP (which doesn't cover all
13 >addresses developers use). FWIK gkeys accounts for all addresses
14 >in the OpenPGP key UIDs. In my opinion, that's a lot of hoops to jump
15 >through to workaround bad practice.
16 >
17 >Therefore, I'd like to start enforcing (at the level of the hook
18 >verifying signatures) that all commits made to gentoo.git (and other
19 >repositories requiring dev signatures) are made using @gentoo.org
20 >e-mail
21 >address (for committer field).
22 >
23 >Is anyone opposed to that? Does anyone know of a valid reason to use
24 >non-@g.o address when committing?
25 >
26 >[1]:https://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/dev-timeline.html
27
28 No reason I can see to not enforce this. Please do!
31 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.