From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GRUB stage1 file not found
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 10:09:04
1 On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 05:48:41PM +0100, Knut Feiert wrote:
2
3 > I have reformatted /boot, mounted -notail, copied the files, and it worked.
4 > Shouldn't step 2 of the install guide be changed accordingly?
5
6 I added the notail options to the install guide, which should resolve the
7 issue.
10 > On the other hand is it worthwhile using a journaling
11 > file system for a partition which is not mounted
12 > most of the time and has a limited number of files?
13 > Especially for those who do kernel compilation only
14 > if they have to and then forgetting about the
15 > -notail business?
16
17 Yes, it's no big deal to use ext2, but this problem only occurs when GRUB
18 is not going on your MBR. For now, the current install instructions should
19 suffice. I also added information on how to use loadkeys to restore your
20 keymap.
21
22 Thanks for your help,
25 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>