From: James Potts <Arek75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: automatically killing invalid CFLAGS/warning about bad CFLAGS
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:35:38
1 R Hill <dirtyepic.sk <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > I've yet to hear of _anything_ that's broken because of
4 > -fvisibility-inlines-hidden. (course someone will undoubtedly point
5 > one out now ;))
8 -fvisibility-inlines-hidden not only breaks a number of kde apps afaik (it's
9 filtered now), but it also seems to break SDL (using noflagstrip). It's not
10 broken enough that I'm going to remove it from my global CXXFLAGS, tho,
11 especially since if it breaks something I know about it right away (compile
12 error) and can remove the flag for that package.
13
14 --James
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list