From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@××××××××.com>
To: Brad Laue <brad@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-sparc@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mozilla-1.41-r3 -- so, problems, but WHY remove the ebuild???
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:52:58
1 On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Brad Laue wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 07:40, Ferris McCormick wrote:
4 > > This wasn't quite what I had in mind when I asked how you wanted to
5 > > address an apparent problem with mozilla & garbage:
6 > > (I understand these are probably unrelated problems: mozilla+garbage &
7 > > mozilla-stable-ebuild removed, but I can't resist suggesting a
8 > > conspiracy...:-) .)
9 >
10 > As vapier stated, the ebuild was removed because it is old. It is the
11 > responsibility of each architecture maintainer to keep the mozilla
12 > versions up to date.
13 >
14 Not to beat a dead horse, but how can an ebuild that was marked
15 stable for ia64 four days ago suddenly become obsolete??? That's
16 a pretty short life span.
17
18 > I have asked repeatedly that people do this, as I do not have IA64,
19 > SPARC, AMD64 or PowerPC systems available to me on which I can build and
20 > test Mozilla out.
21 >
22 > The userbase can help their respective architectures out by stating that
23 > a specific version of Mozilla is serviceable on theirs, and ask to have
24 > it marked 'arch' on their particular CPU type.
25 >
26 > Brad
31 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@××××××××.com>
32 Phone: (703) 392-0303