From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] name of apache package
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 15:20:11
1 On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 11:15:30PM +0000, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > Is there a special reason for the naming of the apache package
5 > 'apache-ssl'. This doesn't conform with the rest of the package-tree.
6 > We don't name xchat 'xchat-ssl' just to show that it can be built with
7 > ssl-support.
8 >
9 > I think that the apache-package should be renamed to 'apache' and be
10 > controlled by USE-flags whether or not to build with ssl-support.
11 >
12 > Regards,
13 > Mikael Hallendal
14
15 I agree. The name is old and needs fixing.
18 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
19 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
20 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.