From: "Thomas M. Beaudry" <k8la@××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Only an opinion ...
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:47:47
1 > : >: > Do you know anything about the squatter on gentoo.com?
2 > : >:
3 > : >: Only what I know from whois:
4 > : >
5 > : >I wouldn't call gentoo.com a squatter. According to the whois records,
6 > : >that domain has been registered since 1992-03-26.
7 > : >
8 > : I called him a squatter b/c of the nature of the page at gentoo.com.
9 > : It's like, here are all the sites that could have gentoo.com; who is
10 > : the highest bidder?
11 > :
12 > : That is just what occurred to me when I saw the page.
13 >
14 > Then again, you'll notice that he also links di(1), his df(1) which has
15 > been around since 1994/95.
16 >
17 > Maybe he's just being polite and linking to the other sites that people
18 > may be looking for.
21 That's what it looks like to me.
24 Thomas M. Beaudry K8LA / YS1ZTM
25 k8la@××××.net