From: Frantz Dhin <fd@×××××××.dk>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Horrible package descriptions
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 02:04:26
1 On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 21:02, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > My biggest point against long descriptions is the fact they need to be
3 > written. That is not such a big point if the users will do it. I do think
4 > though that a description file might be more appropriate than putting the
5 > long description in the ebuild. A package description should always be the
6 > same I feel, even over versions.
7 >
8 > Paul
9
10 I suppose other distributions such as Mandrake wont mind us borrowing
11 their usually nice descriptions?
12 I'm all for a long description, and I don't think it will take a lot of
13 resources to implement.
14 -F
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list