From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-scm@l.g.o
Subject: Code Review Systems Was: [gentoo-dev] Git Migration: launch plan & schedule
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 20:22:37
1 (Breaking the thread, because I believe this topic needs further
2 discussion).
3
4 On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 03:39:31PM +0200, Manuel Rüger wrote:
5 > Are there still any plans to use a code review system like gerrit that
6 > will avoid merges, rebases etc. to the tree by just accepting and
7 > serializing patches?
8 Merges are a fact of life, they will be happening.
9 This was included on:
10 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_git_workflow
11
12 Rebases of already published commits must be avoided.
13
14 But beyond that, the general discussion was that a code review system
15 was not in the immediate future...
16
17 If the merge workflow becomes too problematic due to the high rate of
18 change, then we can revisit those systems, to take advantage of their
19 auto-merging functionality, but probably only in combination with the QA
20 testsuites.
23 Robin Hugh Johnson
24 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead
25 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
26 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85