From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 15:26:20
1 On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 02:57, Christian Parpart wrote:
2 > On Friday 07 May 2004 6:26 am, Nick Rout wrote:
3 > > EITHER gcc/binutils/distcc on the livecd so that idle windows boxes can
4 > > be put to use compiling, OR a separate distcc iso.
5 >
6 > I'd even propose to call such thing a grid-livecd or distributed-livecd and
7 > additionally put on it the whole dvdrip dependencies and other - rather tiny
8 > - - packages that support distributed processing.
9 > Or - my personal favorite - what about having an official openmosix
10 > master/node livecd? However, this would be nice for those beeing in an
11 > internet cafe/station where often dozents of computers are idling around some
12 > time.
13
14 If you're interested in this, it'd be helpful if you coordinated with
15 the cluster project (gentoo-cluster mailing list, #gentoo-cluster irc).
16
17 Thanks,
18 --
19 Donnie Berkholz