From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The future of the Sunrise project
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 21:51:58
1 On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
2 > Sunrise was a great way to learn packaging for Gentoo. Reviews were *very*
3 > strict in the past, resulting in better QA standards than the Gentoo main tree
4 > - - and a definite frustration threshold that one had to overcome. With a couple
5 > of packages in Sunrise, doing the quizzes was a piece of cake though.
6
7 As someone who did some user contribution to Sunrise, I never really
8 liked it, and I think it was a terrible way to introduce people to the
9 dev side of Gentoo. That workflow just plain sucked, and the "better
10 QA standards" really just amounted to nitpicking trivial issues.
11
12 I am very glad we are giving people an easier way to contribute these days.