From: Marcy Northrup <marcy@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] DCclan.net
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 16:59:25
1 DCclan.net
2 Ward S. Myers
3 1536 Norwick Drive
4 Lutz, Florida 33549
5 (813) 909-9617
6 WardMyers@×××××××××××.net
7 June 5, 2002
10 Greetings…
11
12 I'm the new President of DCclan (A gaming group) located in Tampa, Florida. Originally, we were DCclan.com; however, due to an intense family situation with the President Emeritus, the torch was dropped. Gladly, and with great honor, I picked it up before the torch ever reached the ground and has orchestrated the transition with great vigor. It's been smooth sailing since. Beginning today, we (DCclan.NET) are contacting the businesses who were kind enough to sponsor DCclan.com and invite them to reconnect with our organization. We've been in the gaming arena for about a decade now. I have been with DC for almost 7 years. The original members were like lost children when the clan shut down without warning...at least without warning to them, and are thrilled beyond comprehension now that we're back and operating as usual. I believe I saw one of the members with a cardboard sign near the Interstate that read,” Will work for Dedicated T-1 Server," but I can't be sure. LOL.
13
14 Our member numbers are increasing to even more than we had before since we've gone on a marketing crusade. Our LAN parties used to occur once every other month to once every 3 months. Now they're every Saturday and sometimes once during the week. We are asking your company to jump back on board as a sponsor. Our documented membership is at approximately 200, however, there are many more and they will be documented as time progresses. In addition to your monetary allotment, we'd love it if you could contribute merchandise for our door prizes. We'd appreciate anything from pins & patches to medium and large items. Your support is what we'd like no matter what form it takes.
15
16 In return, we'll give you a large (very large) banner on the site, in addition to hanging up an actual banner at the LAN parties. Your products will be displayed, order forms will be available for members to purchase items from your company on the spot or to take home and mull over. If you have catalogs, send them along with everything else. We are promoters. Before and after the gaming is over for the evening, we will review our sponsorships with everyone and ask them to support you and spread the word. We have a great group. The facilities that we use has ample space to accommodate our entire clan. I assure you, we’ll take care of you in a way that we hope you’ll bestow your fruits and monetary aide to us. We want you to benefit as greatly as we will from your input and assistance.
17
18 Many of our members are in the computer business, maintain or repair computers or merely enjoy it as a hobby. They attend all of the computer shows in the area and throughout Florida. They recommend hardware and software to their friends outside the clan as well as purchase items they’ve had the opportunity to try out due to a door prize or a stipend from DCclan. Our members are very diverse. We have Board members from conglomerates and corporations, at least a couple known product reviewers who do write-ups for computer magazines; we have one tester as well as several marketing gurus. We consider ourselves a network melting pot. Many of us are BETA testers.
19 You can be part of that network. We’ll treat you like one of us. Most of us use a plethora of Operating Systems. We have removable drives so that makes it easier. Although our clan is based out of Florida, anyone and everyone in the world can sign on to our website, obtain the password and play along with us. Your products will get as much exposure as possible and you’ll be helping us greatly, at the same time.
20
21 Please contact me at your earliest convenience. (813) 909-9617
22 E-mail: WardMyers@×××××××××××.net
23
24 Sincerely,
27 Ward Myers