From: "Damon M. Conway" <damon@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Cc: gentoo <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mysql and perl DBI modules
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 19:48:43
1 Collins Richey wrote:
2 >Does anyone have experience with getting mysql and the perl DBI
3 >modules to work?
4
5 Yes.
6
7 >Having merged DBI-1.14.ebuild, mysql-3.23.43.ebuild, and
8 >xmysqladmin-1.0.ebuild and all dependencies, I'm now struggling to
9 >make things work. I've muddled through getting a mysqld started, and
10 >xmysqladmin will talk to the server.
11 >
12 >Now I'm trying to run the mysql tests (run-all-tests in
13 >/usr/share/mysql/bench) which is a perl module dependant on DBI.
14 >run-all-tests cannot find the DBI:: stuff (use DBI). It looks like
15 >the DBI ebuild doesn't properly reconfigure perl to locate the DBI
16 >stuff.
17 >
18 >Any suggestions?
19
20 Did you actually install the Msql-Mysql perl module?
21 dev-perl/Msql-Mysql-modules
22
23 DBI is just an interface, and you need to install the drivers for your
24 database.
25
26 >As a side note, gentoo really needs to have some post-install
27 >procedures for things like mysql.
28
29 Like what? Be specific when asking for features.
30
31 kabau
34 "UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
35 would also stop you from doing clever things." --Doug Gwyn