From: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PyXML
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 19:13:07
1 2011-05-17 20:43:29 Tomáš Chvátal napisał(a):
2 > Dne 10.5.2011 23:21, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis napsal(a):
3 > > PyXML is dead:
4 > > http://mail.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2004-November/010735.html
5 > > http://mail.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2006-June/011545.html
6 > >
7 > > PyXML provides _xmlplus module, which replaces xml module (from standard library) at run time,
8 > > which might result in various problems.
9 > >
10 > > I'm planning to implement the following solution:
11 > > - Python >=2.7.1-r2:2.7 will provide xml.use_pyxml() function. Calling of this function will be
12 > > necessary to use replace xml module with _xmlplus module. Python >=2.7.1-r2:2.7 will be added
13 > > to the tree in next week and will be temporarily package.masked. Later this change will be
14 > > backported to new versions in older slots.
15 > > - All packages, which use PyXML, will have to be patched to call xml.use_pyxml(). The following
16 > > code should be added before first import of anything from xml module:
17 > >
18 > > import xml
19 > > if hasattr(xml, "use_pyxml"):
20 > > xml.use_pyxml()
21 > >
22 > > This code works with previous versions of Python, so no changes in dependencies are needed.
23 > >
24 > As I already asked,
25 > what problem do we have to keep PyXML in main tree to be used with python2.
26 >
27 > Your specific hack introduce different behaviour for python2.7.1-r2
28 > where you do not explain the need for it at all.
29
30 I had already explained it in many places.
31
32 > It is just python2 thing and we can happily use PyXML as it works even
33 > with latest python-2.7.
34 >
35 > So where is the problem?
36
37 Fixes for at least the following bugs are absent when PyXML is installed:
38 http://bugs.python.org/issue4877
39 http://bugs.python.org/issue6098
40 http://bugs.python.org/issue5762
41 http://bugs.python.org/issue5027