From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New developer: Chris Lee (labmonkey)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 05:53:24
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò posted
2 <200509221252.56938@××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××.org>, excerpted below,
3 on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:52:45 +0200:
4
5 > On Thursday 22 September 2005 12:30, Aaron Walker wrote:
6
7 >> Everyone give Chris a warm welcome.
8 > Hi Chris and welcome :)
9 >
10 > Btw... you're clee or it's just an omonimity (or whatever is spelt)? :)
11
12 Now you have me wondering which word and why?
13
14 "Anonymity" (being anonymous, literally, without-name) seems the
15 best spelling match, but doesn't fit the sentence structure too well.
16 "Anomaly" (something that doesn't fit the norm) maybe? (BTW, I needed
17 spell-check on that last one, too. <g> BTW2, I /prefer/ being
18 "anomalous", as to some extent I'd guess most "geeks" do. Who wants to be
19 a clone?) There's not quite enough context there (and I'm not privy to
20 whatever previous conversations the comment may be referencing) to guess
21 much further.
22
23 Anyway, welcome, Chris! Just a user (tho a regular dev-group/list
24 follower) here, but more devs to make toys for me to play with are
25 /always/ welcome! =8^)
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
31 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list