From: Markus Wagner <mw@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] About writing ebuild files
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 17:27:49
1 Hi!
2
3 Of course I read the documentations and searched a little bit in the list
4 archive, but there are some questions left about writing ebuild files:
5
6 Do I have to put my name and mailaddress into the maintainer entry in the
7 comments or is this an entry for the gentoo people?
8
9 May I update an ebuild file originally written by a different person? What's
10 then about the maintainer entry?
11
12 I've written a port for cyrus-imapd-2.0.16. Unfortunately this package needs a
13 user called "cyrus", which doesn't exist in the default profile. What to do
14 in this situation?
15
16 How should the delivered /etc/services looks like, if I have to create some
17 new entries in it? Should it only contain the new entries or perhaps some
18 standard entries plus the new ones?
19
20 TIA,
21 Markus