From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perl compile stuck on lib/io_sock (was: emerge aborting on linux-headers)
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 17:03:36
1 Daniel Robbins wrote: [Sun Oct 07 2001, 12:51:52AM EST]
2 > Try setting up the lo interface and making sure that "localhost" has
3 > an entry in /etc/hosts. That should solve it, I think. Let me know
4 > if it does (or doesn't) so I can update the install docs.
5
6 I was going to mention this, but it got lost in my list of
7 things-to-mention. Setting up the lo interface and adding localhost to
8 /etc/hosts did the trick for me. I think this should be added as
9 a standard step in the install docs.
10
11 Aron