From: Andrew Ammerlaan <andrewammerlaan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Martin Kletzander <nert.pinx@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Question about python compatibility in dev-python/pathlib2
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 10:35:16
1 Hi,
2
3 Pathlib2 is a backport, as such it doesn't really make sense to add 3.10 and 3.11 to compat. The package from the overlay probably should adjust its dependencies to only depend on pathlib2 when instaling for 3.9 or 3.8. This can be accomplished with the python_gen_cond_dep function (see docmenttion of python-r1.eclass).
4
5 Best regards,
6 Andrew