From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: codeman@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLI Officially Deprecated
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:23:17
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Preston Cody wrote:
3 >> [...] This leaves
4 >> the installer with no place or function any longer. The installer
5 >> developers have all moved on to other projects, leaving GLI in an
6 >> unmaintained state. We can no-longer offer support for the 2008.0-r1
7 >> LiveCDs for x86 and amd64, though we expect it to work for
8 >> those that use it. [...]
9 >
10 > Why wasn't this sent to gentoo-dev-announce?
11
12 Also, will we have an announcement on the www.gentoo.org frontpage? This
13 seems to me an important enough issue to inform our users about.
14
15 Cheers,
16 --
17 Ben de Groot
18 Gentoo Linux developer (lxde, media, qt, desktop-misc)
19 Gentoo Linux Release Engineering PR liaison
21
22 yngwin@g.o
23 http://ben.liveforge.org/
24 irc://chat.freenode.net/#gentoo-media
25 irc://irc.oftc.net/#lxde