From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Does anyone use the VERIFIED status in bugzilla?
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 14:08:55
1 On 5/14/10 3:54 PM, Matti Bickel wrote:
2 >>From my work on b.g.o: I use a simplified version of this, shown at:
3 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~mabi/gentooBzLifecycle.png
4
5 Yeah, I think the linked diagram really reflects the reality, much
6 better than the "official" one. I'm in favor of removing the "Verified"
7 resolution to clean things up.
8
9 I haven't seen a project where the "Verified" status would be useful.
10 Generally the reporters re-open their bugs if they are not satisfied.
11
12 Also, for many classes of bugs verification gives absolutely no
13 benefits, e.g. keywording, stabilization, etc.
14
15 If we want to keep "Verified", then in my opinion some group should be
16 created to verify bugs consistently. If it's just one user doing it, I
17 see no benefits, and only background noise.
18
19 Note: maybe that user would like to help in the bugzilla in a way we'd
20 all agree to be useful. For example wrangling bugs (assigning to right
21 owners, getting more info, etc). Please make sure not to discourage him
22 from contributing more by too harsh comments.
23
24 Paweł