From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PAM related: pam_console ?
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:48:40
1 On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 00:19 +0200, Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Thursday 31 March 2005 23:35, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > if you do split it though, i'd suggest you split every module rather than
4 > > just certain ones that catch your fancy ... better to be consistent :p
5 > That's what I wanted to do, provide only basic modules with linux-pam
6 > (pam_unix and other) needed for basic auth facilities.
9 And every time there is a version update also update the slew of other
10 ebuilds? Like I said, if I wanted to be in the KDE/gstreamer herds, I
11 would have been.
12
13 > pam_console was just the first of the list.
16 You want it that bad, you can do it, but then you are its daddy, and do
17 all the updating, bug fixing (I'm sure the devfs crap do will give
18 issues, as its compile tested to 0.78 api) etc (and thank god if you
19 do).
20
21 > Anyway, pam 0.79 is out.. I just ask pam herd if they can add virtual/pam so
22 > that we can continue on openpam :)
25 Yes, I know will get to it somewhere - its usually a pita to get some
26 patches updated (pam_console-* for example :/) ... I'll get to it
27 eventually (want to first see what fedora do, as many pam guys are from
28 redhat).
32 Martin Schlemmer
33 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
34 Cape Town, South Africa