From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] PROPERTIES=virtual for meta-packages (clarification of definition)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:04:01
1 On Monday 25 August 2008 20:36:34 Zac Medico wrote:
2 > > Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3 > >> Looking at the dependencies of kde-base/kde, it seems like it would
4 > >> be eligible to exhibit the "virtual" property.
5 >
6 > I'm inclined toward "virtual" since it's more brief and I think it
7 > might strike a chord with more people because of their familiarity
8 > with the "virtual" category and old-style PROVIDE virtuals. We'll
9 > have to see what others have to say.
10
11 kde-base/kde isn't like a new- or old-style virtual. If you want it to be
12 used for metapackages and things too, calling it "virtual" would be
13 confusing.