From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] HDEPEND (host dependencies for cross-compilation) for EAPI 5?
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 23:07:52
1 On 08/31/2012 03:18 PM, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> For optional dependencies, I'm pretty happy with the "runtime-switchable
5 >> USE flags" proposal:
6 >>
7 >> https://gist.github.com/2945569
8 >
9 > runtime-switchable USE flags for optional dependencies o.O? It sounds
10 > like using a spoon to eat spaghetti to me.
11
12 All suggested deps are not equal, so USE flags give you the ability to
13 pick and choose the ones that you want.
14
15 > I think SDEPEND is a much simpler approach to the issue, why
16 > introducing a new kind of USE flags to address what really belongs to
17 > *DEPEND?
18
19 I guess we could combine the two ideas if we allow USE conditionals
20 inside SDEPEND.
21 --
22 Thanks,
23 Zac