From: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: licenses@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New license: CROSSOVER-3
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 17:18:46
1 Earlier this year, I spoke with Codeweavers' CEO, Jeremy White, about
2 changing their license terms so that we could remove RESTRICT=fetch from
3 app-emulation/crossover-bin. Robin Johnson and I also discussed it then.
4
5 The main issue was the requirement that users delete the software after
6 the trial period and Jeremy agreed to make a change to the crossover
7 license when Crossover 15.0.0 was released. This just happened and the
8 change occurred as discussed.
9
10 I have attached the new license and its diff. There are only two changes:
11
12 1. They now claim to bundle copies of libxml2 and libxslt under
13 BSD-style licenses.
14 2. The section on deleting the software has been deleted as per our
15 discussion.
16
17 Does anyone have any objections to committing the new license?

CROSSOVER-2.diff text/plain
CROSSOVER-3 text/plain
0xBEE84C64.asc application/pgp-keys
signature.asc application/pgp-signature