From: Anthony Gorecki <agorecki@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-arch ambiguous?
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:10:51
1 On Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:21 pm, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > | Possibilities for it include:
4 > | app-architecture (apps for designing things or archetecture specific
5 > | programs?) app-archive
6 > |
7 > | possibly others, seems like renaming to app-archive would clear that
8 > | up and 3 letters isnt _that_ much to ask :/
9 >
10 > Read the metadata.xml :)
11
12 "app-architecture" was my the interpretation of "app-arch" until I read this
13 thread, so Dan isn't alone in his feelings towards that name. app-archive
14 would seem to make the most sense.
15
16 Looking at other categories, app-benchmarks is much more clear than app-benc.
17 Similarly, app-anti could also be construed as a variety of things, just as I
18 believe app-lap would tend to invite carefully placed comments to the
19 developers at opportune moments.
20
21 "RTM" is always an easy answer, but renaming the category would be more
22 helpful.
26 Anthony Gorecki
27 Ectro-Linux Foundation