From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GLEP 19 -- Gentoo Stable Portage Tree
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 18:49:13
1 On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 10:21, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 09:00, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:17:06 -0500 Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
4 > > wrote:
5 > > | I've posted GLEP 19 which talks about the inclusion of a new 'stable'
6 > > | tree in portage that is updated on a periodic basis and only contains
7 > > | security and major bugfixes out of cycle.
8 > >
9 > > Something that just occured to me... Do most upstreams keep old versions
10 > > of packages available for several years? Or would we have to mirror all
11 > > distfiles rather than just our current small subset?
12 >
13 > I would think that we would need to mirror everything that is provided
14 > in the stable tree.
15
16 It's pretty easy to imagine things with licenses that prohibit mirroring
17 would be difficult, if not impossible, to have in our stable tree.
18
19 Donnie