From: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Retirement
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:31:50
1 On Friday 03 November 2006 1:15 pm, Jon Portnoy wrote:
2 > I've been mostly inactive for a good while but hanging on mostly for
3 > sentimentality's sake, it's past time for that to stop.
4 >
5 > I mostly only maintain a small handful of ebuilds, I'm sure they can
6 > find proper homes quickly. None are maintenance-intensive.
7 >
8 > And of course, the only thing anyone is really concerned about; robbat2
9 > has already laid claim to fortune-mod-gentoo-dev ;)
10 >
11 > Later. It's been fun, it's been real, but it hasn't been real fun. :)
12 >
13 > I'll be around #gentoo/#-dev.
14 >
15 > --
16 > Jon Portnoy
17 > avenj/irc.freenode.net
18
19 Sorry to see you go Jon. I've appreciated your guidance over the years,
20 particularly when I took on the daunting task of managing Gentoo/amd64 in
21 early 2004. Gentoo feels a little smaller with your departure.
24 Jason Huebel
25 Gentoo Developer
26
27 GPG Public Key:
28 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9BA9E230
29
30 "Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand."
31 Baruch Spinoza (1632 - 1677)