From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [G/FBSD] /usr/lib/charset.alias
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:44:22
1 On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 00:47 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Sunday 17 July 2005 12:03 pm, Ned Ludd wrote:
3 > > INSTALL_MASK is non cumulative.
4 > > Please use INSTALL_MASK="${INSTALL_MASK} /usr/lib/charset.alias" as to not
5 > > override the user in anyway.
6
7 > any harm with making it cumulative ?
8 > iirc, it takes just a few minor tweaks
9 > to portage to declare it as such
10
11 None that I can think of. other than it not working that way now and if
12 we start assuming it does too soon in the next XYZ version and the user
13 is still on ABC they will end up with a non up masked files. Not that it
14 should be to much of a real problem as imasking remains one of portages
15 better kept secrets and not that many people are using them outside of
16 embedded.
19 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list