From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How do I keep multiple versions of modules?
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 13:27:39
1 > Kernel modules should be special and if you rebuild a module, it should
2 > remove the module only for the currently running kernel hierarchy and
3 > not from a different kernel version.
4
5 True. I suspect that nobody had thought of it yet.
6
7 > Is this even possible with the poratge system?
8
9 Not right now, although such functionality shouldn't be hard to add.
10
11 > I wasn't sure where I should post this, so I crossposted to user and
12 > dev.
13
14 Please post your comment as a "bug" on bugs.gentoo.org. You have
15 a good point, and it would be a shame for it to get lost.
16
17 Thanks,
18 g2boojum