From: Steve Arnold <sarnold@×××××××××××.org>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] new herds now open
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 04:35:11
1 Howdy:
2
3 Per seemant's request, I've opened two new herds:
4
5 comm-fax for communications, fax, and related packages. Hylafax is
6 the first app, and I should be adding the tkHylafax client shortly.
7 I would say efax, kfax, etc, could all go in this herd, as well as
8 minicom, and other modem apps. Any other suggestions?
9
10 dev-tools for language-agnostic (mostly) development tools,
11 multi-language IDEs, reverse engineering/source code analysis tools,
12 etc. Source Navigator will most like be the first app here (maybe
13 not until the 5.2 release) and I would think eclipse, grasp (any
14 ebuilds for this?) and some others as well. What other kinds of
15 things should go here? CM type stuff (eg, cvs/rcs)? emacs? What?
16
17 Both are open for additional maintainers; I'm kinda busy with work,
18 school, kids, etc, but there will be at least sporadic bursts of
19 activity from me (like today :)
22 Steve Arnold http://arnolds.dhs.org http://www.gentoo.org
23
24 with Std.Disclaimer; use Std.Disclaimer;