From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: newsitem: unmasking udev-181
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 03:50:45
1 On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM, Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
2 > I guess we could pour more effort in getting dracut more easy to use and/or
3 > try to figure out which are the items that should be moved to / and fix the
4 > remaining ones...
7 Well, I'm trying not to take sides in that war. Unless we want to
8 patch the living daylights out of upsteam it seems almost moot.
9
10 I'm not even so much interested in making dracut easy to use. I'd
11 just appreciate it if there were even a single sentence written on
12 each of its modules and options, let alone some kind of coherent guide
13 to how to make it all work.
14
15 There is a guide out there, but it hasn't really kept pace with the
16 very rapidly evolving tool, and it doesn't really cover all the
17 nuances.
18
19 Another useful thing would be to update our official RAID+LVM guide so
20 that when you're done following it your system will boot.
21
22 Rich