From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:34:07
On 22 June 2010 16:54, Peter Hjalmarsson <xake@×××××××××.net> wrote:
> tis 2010-06-22 klockan 15:17 +0530 skrev Arun Raghavan: >> On 21 June 2010 21:23, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o> wrote: >> [...] >> > I'm still trying to think of a good name. I understand the concerns >> > about "introspection" being too generic and non GNOME-y, but "gir" is >> > likely to cause confusion. >> >> "gir" is not good because it gives near-zero information. >> >> I can still not think of short enough USE flag. I propose we stick to >> "introspection". There isn't anything on the horizon that might >> overlap with this flag, and I don't see why we should drop using a >> simpler flag for the *possibility* that it might overlap with >> something else in the future. We can deal with this if it happens. >> >> Cheers, > > Why not just gintrospection?
I still think "introspection" is easier to grok. It's unlikely that it's going to be used in a completely different sense by other packages in the future, so let's stick with "introspection" please. -- Arun Raghavan (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: introspection Mike Auty <ikelos@g.o>