From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC 4.1.1 testing/stablization and glibc 2.4
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:36:30
Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> OK, guys, I was speaking with vapier earlier about the possibility of > getting gcc 4.1.1 stable for the 2006.1 release. We've managed to build > some release media with it, and are planning on doing more testing with > it. What we really need is for more people to test this on various > platforms and to get all of the bugs worked out that we can. We're > already ramping up our release cycle, and would like to get this > included, so we don't have to wait until 2007 for a release with >= GCC > 4.1 in it.
That would be really cool. I'm already been testing both this and the glibc on the ~1500 packages installed on my x86, plus the Pegasos ppc and iBook I've got around. I'll do the same on sparc as soon as it shows up in ~arch there.
> We are also testing glibc 2.4, which will likely go to stable on the > supporting architectures during the release cycle. We always welcome > more testing, though. =]
Thanks, Donnie

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC 4.1.1 testing/stablization and glibc 2.4 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>