From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 22:07:38
1 Bryan Østergaard wrote:
2 > On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 03:32:38PM -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm not a dev, just a lowly user, but maybe this policy needs to be
5 >> posted here since according to some of what I have read lately, this has
6 >> not been read before by several. Maybe when you first subscribe, it
7 >> should be included in the subscribe confirmation email.
10 > That might be a good idea - something to investigate at least.
11 >
12 > Regards,
13 > Bryan Østergaard
16 Thanks. As I said, I love the distro, I REALLY do. I have been through
17 a lot in my life, becoming disabled, being a foreman on a capitol murder
18 trial, and right now, even a divorce from someone I hope wanted to do
19 better. After all that, watching this list is worse. It seems that
20 people can't disagree and be respectful about it. Heck, me and my soon
21 to be ex can do better than this. Since it appears that people can't
22 regulate themselves, then there may need to be some people to do it for
23 them.
24
25 I just hope this list can over time get back to be as good as the
26 distro. I subscribe so that I can keep up with changes. I don't
27 usually post very much here and I suspect there are a lot of other
28 people doing the same. If this does not improve, it could put a bad
29 name on Gentoo. After all, the community is very important to us all.
30
31 I hope this will help make some changes that will improve the situation
32 for everyone.
33
34 Dale
35