From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: robbat2@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: metadata/md5-cache
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 07:27:17
On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 09:48:26 +0000
"Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 11:34:07AM +0200, Micha?? G??rny wrote: > > I means using separate proto for metadata, not necesarrily git. In > > any case, if it comes to transferring a lot of frequently-changing > > files, rsync is not that efficient... > It does NOT send any of the intermediate states.
But it does have to check all the files. Did I mention I'm not talking necessarily about git? Rather anything which would just lookup our timestamp, revision or whatever and just send what have changed, in a packed manner. -- Best regards, Michał Górny

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: metadata/md5-cache Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>