From: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rm tragedies: was how to clean the "/tmp" dir
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 15:34:52
1 Eamon Caddigan said:
2 > Argumentum ad antiquitam. I'm aware of many good arguments for keeping
3 > 'rm' the way it is, but "because it's always been that way" isn't the
4 > strongest. :)
5
6 It is if it breaks compatablility with scripts and old people (aparently
7 there actually is people older then 20 on #gentoo :O )
8
9 > As for nonstandard options, that's exactly what I propose. Appealing to
10 > tradition myself, I should point out that Linux has a rich history of
11 > adding nonstandard options to ancient UNIX commands.
12
13 I think your talking about the GNU project, not Linux, and the GNU project
14 is making the whole system their way, from the userland tools to the
15 kernel, something that gentoo is certainly not doing.
18 Joe Booker
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list