From: Edgar Hucek <gimli@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux runs on Intel iMac 17"
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:06:28
1 For your intresst. Last week i bought a new toy.
2 One of those shiny new Intel iMac's. I search the
3 net if someone is trying to get linux on it. I saw
4 only most people only wanna tu run windows on it *gah*.
5 So i started a little research. At the moment i have
6 Gentoo Linux running on it on an external USB hdd.
7
8 Wouldn't it be a nice storry for the Gentoo newssite ?
9
10 Look here for a first snapshoot and some infos.
11 http://xbox-linux.org/mactel/index.php/Main_Page
12
13 I plan to releas patches and an howtoo soon.
14 Things need some polish.
15 At the Moment only some things are tested. For
16 the video i use a patched vesafb driver. The kernel
17 2.6.16-rc3 seems to have some acpi problems on it.
18
19 cu
20
21 gimli