From: Tom von Schwerdtner <tvon@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Cc: jjnievel@×××.edu, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xfree86, dri, voodoo, glide, etc.
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:23:07
1 > as you might expect, i had to install glide, install glide-v5,
2 > decompile xfree86, edit the host.def, and compile xfree86.
3
4 ah, so this worked? I havent been able to get my voodoo 3 to work and I'd
5 apriciate any pointers you might have on the subject. I havent recompiled
6 X yet, which is my next step.
7
8 AFAIK (speaking out of my other end here), the main gentoo developers seem
9 to be Nvidia folks, so they dont seem to give much of a hoot about tdfx or
10 DRM/DRI (which is fine and makes total sense). If you can write a
11 mini-HOWTO on this, that would be great.
12
13 3dfx may be gone, but thier cards will linger for a while....I think a
14 "3dfx" USE variable might be a good idea.....so X can compile properly
15 when needed and such....hell, USE settings for all the popular chipsets
16 might be worthwhile.....but, yalls a busy bunch....*shrug*
17
18 -Tom