From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IPython 7.17 drops Python 3.6 support AKA upgrade reminder
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2020 10:43:40
1 On Sat, 2020-08-01 at 06:15 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 3:29 AM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > > I would like to take this as an opportunity to remind you to port your
4 > > packages to Python 3.7 and 3.8. According to our timeline [1], packages
5 > > that are not ported by the end of the year are going to be last rited.
6 > > We would also like to switch to 3.8 in December.
7 > >
8 > > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Python/Implementations#Implementation_support_timeline
9 >
10 > So, has anybody given thought to publishing a list of packages that
11 > still need to be updated, including their maintainers?
12 >
13 > Or perhaps filing bugs?
16 ...and for the record -- because I realize it's *that hard* to check --
17 the bugs for last packages were filed almost 4 months ago.
18 Surprisingly, this didn't make the problem magically go away, and I'm
19 pretty sure the maintainers have a very good excuse why their packages
20 must not be removed anyway.
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny