From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Wrote a FHS konformant Qt ebuild, opinions?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:52:23
1 On Monday 27 September 2004 01:19, Thomas Weidner wrote:
2 >
3 > As test i compiled kdelibs-3.3.0 with my Qt ebuild installed.
4 > ./configure finds Qt without any extra argument, but the kde ebuilds
5 > (or eclasses) surely would need to be updated.
6 >
7 > I'm no experienced ebuild author, but i was very displeased with the
8 > current situation, please post your comments and ideas.
9
10 I'm not longer in the kde team, but I don't give much chance to qt being
11 offered this way. There is a reason that qt is the way it is. If you
12 wrote the ebuild for your own use it is ok, but the implementation is not
13 the problem here, it is the policy.
14
15 Paul
18 Paul de Vrieze