From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] intention for kde-themes eclass
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 02:17:34
1 On Jun 14, 2005, at 12:33 PM, Chris White wrote:
2
3 > kde-look.org is a site that hosts various kde themes to change the
4 > look and feel of the kde desktop.
5
6 Well actually some of the things I've done as an "external" was
7 maintaining a series of ebuilds for themes, splashscreens and stuff
8 like that.
9 I also tried submitting a couple of them initially, but as I was
10 told, portage isn't the place where such things belong.
11 I think this is right. There are already too many things in portage
12 as is now, and not all users like syncing the whole tree everytime.
13 We have patches there which are for software rarely used.
14 Maybe adding the eclass and then maintaining an overlay for that can
15 be better... not sync-ed but tarballed and who wants to update it, it
16 just need to redownload it.
17
18 That's just my opinion.
21 Diego