From: Ian Leitch <port001@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GLEP15 (GLSR) Status Update
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 23:24:38
1 Hi all,
2
3 Apparently a few of you have been wondering about the status of this
4 glep, so here you go; an update.
5
6 There are currently two people working on the GLSR (Gentoo Linux Script
7 Repository), myself and Scott Hadfield <shadfiel@×××.ca>. Development is
8 going at a nice speed so we may have something to show in the not so
9 distant future. The features me and Scott have planned so far outstretch
10 the GLEP, so expect something a little bigger/better than originaly
11 planned.
12
13 We have a large amount of the "backend" sutff completed, this leaves us
14 with mostly creating the actual pages and features.
15
16 Some general ideas we are planning to/have implemented:
17 * Syntax highlighted scripts
18 * class/method/function collpasing in script views
19 * A ranking system for users based on the rating of their own script
20 submissions.
21 * The usual browse by language/category, top 10,20,30 etc
22 * Scripts bundeled into an archive for users to download (as per the
23 glep)
24 * An easy to use script submission service
25
26 We are trying hard to make this site very community orientated, meaning
27 you can expect similarites to the forums and sourceforge. We are also
28 making sure the system is highly manageble, future admins can expect a
29 script review assignment system similar in some ways to bugzilla, among
30 many other handy tools.
31
32 We don't realy have much in the way of a time based roadmap, so I won't
33 bother with one. You'll hear the noise once some beta come out for
34 testing :)
35
36 When we reach 1.0 and go public on Gentoo servers, we plan to release
37 the code to the public. Python isn't a hugely popular web-based
38 language, so some user may find our modules reusable in other projects.
39
40 Oh, and we currently have around 1,500 lines of code down, if thats
41 anything to go by..
42
43 Watch this space!
44
45 Regards,
46 --
47 Ian Leitch
48 Gentoo Linux Developer
49
50 GPG Public Key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~port001/port001-pgp-key.asc
51 Fingerprint: 91AE 2E49 3DE6 B714 E0F0 D2E3 79F6 7879 6017 4462