From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stable masks on multilib packages
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 11:39:38
1 On 04/01/2014 01:54 AM, Micha³ Górny wrote:
2 >> >Also, I don't see that it should be an issue, but do you think this
3 >> >might affect catalyst runs --- I have to ask because
4 >> >repairing/reconfiguring seeds is a lot of work.
5 > Well, I think this mostly depends on whether you want multiple multilib
6 > ABIs in stages -- or if you assume that the toolchain is enough,
7 > and people will build other ABIs as they need.
8 >
9 > Though I think that once toolchain switches to abi_* flags (vapier
10 > seems to show interest in that), we will use.force the necessary ABIs
11 > on it and its dependencies, so there should be no explicit need for
12 > change.
13 >
14 > However, I guess the toolchain changes will be sent out for testing
15 > anyway, so releng can check first hand.
16 I have taken a non-standard approach to the hardened/linux/uclibc
17 profiles where I do no inherit from arch. There was too much cruft in
18 arch, so I just mirror the relevant stuff including the abi flag stuff.
19 I understand my approach has pros/cons ... but give out the should when
20 the change is being tested and I'll see if I'm about to have any
21 breakage. I currently seed at least 12 different
22 arches/isa/abi/hard-soft float combinations which would be a pita to fix
23 manually on native (read slow) hardware.
26 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
27 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
28 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
29 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
30 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA