From: Peter Kadau <peter.kadau@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PPP on boot CD
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:56:21
1 hi !
2
3 > > I assume ppp support is just something that nobody has gotten around to,
4 > but
5 > > otherwise, ignoring dial-up users is a gigantic mistake.
6
7 agree - because i'm one of those
8
9 > I do not quite understand the question, I'm afraid.
10
11 i do, since i tried that on my box
12
13 right now, you have to manually emerge pppd _before_
14 bootstrapping - ugly, but works, provided you have
15 a running system - i had a debian.
16
17 then use the --fetch-only feature - takes a long time
18 be prepared for about 15 hours, regularly checking
19 whether all went fine
20
21 then go ahead as in the docs
22 i deviated a bit cause i made the system bootable before
23 bootstrapping - saved me some headaches when
24 running into dead ends.
25 (of course this includes the basic configuration as well)
26
27 hth
28 ciao
29 peter
34 Peter Kadau <peterdotkadauatwebdotde>
35
36 "Why program by hand in five days what you can
37 spend five years of your life automating ?"
40 Lotto online tippen! Egal zu welcher Zeit, egal von welchem Ort.
41 Mit dem WEB.DE Lottoservice. http://tippen2.web.de/?x=13