From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Retirement
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 00:31:47
1 "Denis Dupeyron" <calchan@g.o> posted
2 7c612fc60808101640l31e7f248ybf9eeba60c5faeeb@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Mon, 11 Aug 2008 01:40:58 +0200:
4
5 > On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
6 > wrote:
7 >> They always say that stuff but never bother explaining what the
8 >> direction they wish for actually is. As a user I get the impression
9 >> that there's some kind of evil Cabal.
10 >
11 > Most of the Gentoo developer population is made of young males with a
12 > natural tendency to overreaction and suboptimal communication skills
13 > (and I'm not implying it's the case of the original poster). So, if I
14 > were you, I wouldn't bother too much to read in between the lines of
15 > these retirement messages.
16
17 That, and by the time it comes to retirement, one has generally been thru
18 the arguments several times already, the people that need to know why in
19 general already do, and there's a feeling it's not worth rehearsing old
20 positions and bringing up old arguments the one last time. The time for
21 that has already passed by the time someone's announcing their
22 retirement, the decision has been made, it's all water under the bridge
23 now (as the saying goes) and it's time to move on, with a clean break, no
24 longer blaming anyone or etc as that's what one does /before/ it gets to
25 this point.
26
27 So, indeed, I'm a KDE user here, and it's time to wish them well...
28
29 Thanks guys for all the hard work, the product of which I'm running
30 (still KDE 3.5.9, here) as I type this. Be well, and hope to see you
31 around the community! There's plenty of projects out there that can use
32 your help! =8^)
37 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman