From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: axs@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Addressing GLEP-62 itself
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:59:16
1 On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 14:47:33 -0400
2 Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Based on the above I do expect the reference implementation would also
5 > need to change. I expect, for instance, that the PM's
6 > metadata-handling would need to occur as normal even though none of
7 > the package's phase functions would run, that is, *DEPEND
8 > (realistically RDEPEND as that should be the only one affected here,
9 > maybe PDEPEND too) and USE/PKGUSE would get updated. Since portage
10 > would not be re-emerging the package from the tree the original ebuild
11 > would remain.
12
13 Yes, unless I'm missing something that's the intent. I will re-read
14 and update the GLEP a bit sometime this week.
15
16 > I expect, as a corollary to this, that a rebuild would be necessary if
17 > (on-disk-IUSE_RUNTIME xor in-ebuild-IUSE_RUNTIME) was non-empty
18 > (--newuse) or resulted in any flags that are in USE
19 > (--reinstall=changed-use). IMO this would be necessary to ensure the
20 > local ebuild copy and all related metadata for it gets updated in vdb.
21
22 I think that's a common package manager logic and it's out of scope
23 of the GLEP.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny