From: Francesco Riosa <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Regarding the State of PaX in the tree
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 14:26:30
Il 16/04/2018 14:31, Anthony G. Basile ha scritto:
> On 4/16/18 5:14 AM, Hanno Böck wrote:
[snip]
> [...]
Hardened had strong impact in some workflows, surpassing 10%. Overhead could be acceptable in some situation but unwanted in others, main profiles are obscure and difficult to change for most. For this reason I'd like to ask to carefully evaluate if a security feature can be enabled without suddently change the behaviour (worse performances) of a machine running Gentoo. Instead it would be good to have a guide on how to further harden any profile. If the hardening at any cost argument wins however we MUST have a guide on ho to disable at least the most impactful options.