From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] So now that we have --quiet-build as default, can we talk about a forced LC_ALL=C again?
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 12:11:19
1 On 12/4/11 12:58 PM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger schrieb:
3 >> and in reality, you're complaining only about LC_MESSAGES, not LC_ALL or any
4 >> other locale category ...
5 >
6 > I too think it is sufficient to have
7 > LC_MESSAGES=C
8 > in the default make.conf (or somewhere else where the user can easily
9 > change it), with a comment to leave it like this for build.log when
10 > reporting bugs.
11
12 Sounds like a good idea - it's a good default, allows the user to
13 change it, and to easily use a different locale for non-portage
14 interactions.